Tuesday 17 November 2009

Better late than never...

Do you have one of those moments where not even a double face palm is enough? Not even a triple headdesk combined with face/concrete? Well I had one of those last night, and I actually literally did face palm at two in the morning, although I'm glad it at least happened to me now rather than later (that would be a "we don't have a DUCK?!" moment, and if you don't know what I mean by that it's probably more entertaining not to explain it).
So I'm having problems with my script, this is no huge suprise to me because I'm not exactly a natural script writer; I've always liked creative writing, but all I've ever been educated in is writing essays and descriptive pieces, hence my problem of making everything long winded and up its own arse with seventeen thousand clauses per sentence. So, come on Sarah, think, what ELSE do you do that involves story writing that you've done your entire life that your really enjoy and have some base knowledge about?

Comic writing.

...It's as if a brick wall just slapped me in the FACE. I even wrote a comic for the back story of two characters for another film idea in the summer! What the chuff?! Well, now that I've realised that I'm a collossal moron I can at least start to let panelling ideas and plot structure start to wriggle about in my brain while I'm doing some more tests today, and maybe get onto thumbnailing them later. I've drawn comics since I was, like, nothing years old, and I've even stated that one of my excuses for doing so is to improve my storyboarding ability.
WHY AM I SO DENSE I AM IN DANGER OF FORMING A BLACK HOLE AND SLOWLY DRAGGING EVERYTHING CLOSER TO SOUTH WALES?

Take that Hydron Collider. Yeah, I went there.

No comments:

Post a Comment